Skip to content

Dec 10 2013

Moderately Toxic Items for Dogs and Cats

Fireplace colors/salts; plastic model cement; moderate to high toxicity holly berries and leaves; bubbling lights (methylene chloride); snow scenes (may contain salmonella); aftershaves/perfumes/alcoholic beverages; and chocolate (dark is more toxic than milk).

A small dog, weighing five pounds, would only have to eat as little as two ounces of baking chocolate or as little as fifteen ounces of milk chocolate to potentially show signs of poisoning.  A larger dog, weighing fifty pounds, would have to eat approximately twenty ounces of baking or dark chocolate to become ill.

Take your pet to your veterinarian if you suspect he/she may have eaten chocolate.

NeartownVet | houston, pet health

One response to “Moderately Toxic Items for Dogs and Cats”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.