Skip to content

Dec 12 2013

Highly Toxic Items For Dogs and Cats

If this is an Emergency, Call your Veterinarian Immediately

If this is an Emergency, Call your Veterinarian Immediately

Mistletoe (especially berries); expoxy adhesives; and antifreeze. Please note that some items have special problems. For example, whereas angel hair is usually considered to be of low toxicity, it can irritate eyes, skin, and the gastrointestinal tract; the content of Christmas tree preservatives varies and often effects depend upon the amount ingested; styrofoam, small parts from Christmas tree ornaments and toys, as well as tinsel, can cause mechanical obstructions in the gastrointestinal tract; snow flock can cause problems if sprayed into the mouth and inhaled; and chocolate, of any type, should never be given to a pet. Antifreeze deserves special mention because even a very small amount can be rapidly fatal to pets.

NeartownVet | houston, Veterinary

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *